How to study better: Study habits
When we talk about how to better study one of the most important factors that contribute to achieving this goal is the creation of positive habits on the part of the student.
A habit is an activity that we repeat periodically to the point of doing it unconsciously. The creation of positive habits is possible, in principle something will be consciously repeated until it is already made by inertia. Some theories affirm that after 21 days of performing the same activity, it becomes a habit.
The reality is that things do not always happen in such a mathematical way and that it depends on each person what takes to acquire a good habit. What is indisputable is that the longer they stay stable, the more they will return.
When studying, there are certain habits that you must develop to achieve the best success in your studies:
1) Study every day. Maybe if you are not in time of exams you can not do anything on Sunday, but the rest of the week should review the work done in class and keep their tasks up to date. In this way you will never be late, you will not accumulate material without studying for the exams and it will take a much simpler and more efficient learning.
2) Learn to create a good environment for study. It will not be worth anything if you feel a few hours every day before books if you can not concentrate on what you are doing because you have too many distractions. Here you can read about how your study room should be and how you should prepare for the completion of tasks. Turn these recommendations into a habit.
3) Spend time reading techniques. It is very important for your success as a student to learn quick reading techniques. Here you can find a very complete article on the subject. Reading techniques are also acquired through habit.
4) Perform exercises aimed at encouraging concentration. It is not only a matter of studying every day, but of knowing how to concentrate on studies and being able to prepare body and mind to absorb the new information that you will obtain from books. Here you can find the best techniques to concentrate.
5) Review. Advancing on the subject can not mean neglecting what we have been leaving behind. Review daily what you have been learning in previous days. In this way everything will be fixed more in your mind and when the final tests arrive you will hardly need to do extra work.
These five habits will help you get the most out of your work and not have to make big sacrifices before final exams because you will have all the material well studied.
How to study better: Tips to get the most out of study time
If you have time to study each day, you can do two things: stand in front of the books without wanting anything and wait for those hours to pass, or make the most of them and turn that time into productive for your school performance. You decide what you want to do, but if you take the right option, read these tips to get the most out of your studies.
1) Take notes in class and pass them clean at home. Psychologists agree that much of the details that are heard during a class are forgotten in less than an hour. Do not trust your memory and write down everything relevant. When you get home, pass your notes clean and that way you will be helping them to remain in your memory.
2) Read the lesson and underline what is important. Here we explain how to make schemes on different subjects to facilitate their studies and subsequent reviews.
3) Use tricks to memorize. Some people study better with some tricks and others with different ones, but you will surely find yours reading this article.
4) Write your doubts to consult the teacher. Sometimes it is when studying the matter at home when doubts arise. You should write down all your questions carefully and make them to the teacher. Do not be ashamed to do it since it is the best way to prosper.
5) Compare your notes. You can meet from time to time with colleagues interested in acquiring the best habits, just like you and share your notes. In this way you can find data that you have forgotten, discover personal tricks of a partner that you can also use and in turn help your friends to progress.
How to study better: Learn to study with enthusiasm
The way we approach things is very important. If you have to go to a family meeting and you’re upset and thinking that it’s going to be boring and not worth it, surely your attitude and your bad gesture make no one want to be by your side or talk to you and your day It really is a disaster. In addition everything that happens will see it from a negative point of view and that will make it negative in itself.
However, if you go with the intention of having fun, you will create situations to get it and will surely return home satisfied for a good day. With studies the same thing happens. Many times we see studies as a heavy obligation imposed on us. Having to study and doing so many things! But if you focus on it in another way, you will discover that studying is not negative, but that it has many and very good positive parts:
1) Studies are a window to the world. Look from that point of view the classes. They are giving you access to a culture that has been brewing for centuries. Thanks to the classes you will discover the knowledge of so many men who have had to struggle a lot in some cases to access knowledge.
2) Invest in your future. You are laying the foundation for what your life will be like in the future. All knowledge you acquire will be useful even if you now think that it is not so. Both those oriented to the profession that wants to study and those that seem irrelevant, have their importance.
3) Try to see the usefulness of each subject in your life. Change that chip that makes you see certain subjects as useless “this is not going to be worth anything in life” and try to imagine taking advantage of that knowledge in some real life situation. Surely find them, if you put interest in doing it, it is much easier than you think.
4) Challenge yourself. Challenge yourself to get good habits, to overcome your grades, to learn something new every day. This will help you to take the studies with enthusiasm and enthusiasm.
5) Offer rewards. Write down your goals and the prizes that will be given for each one you get. You will see how that stimulates and brings enthusiasm in the lowest moments.
How to study better: Tips to face a suspense
Even studying as you should, having the best positive habits and developing a constant job at some point in your life may have to face a suspense. I assure you that the better your ways of studying and the more you carry out your minor tasks will be the possibilities of failure. But if this is given you must learn to face it in the best way. These are the basic tips to face a suspense:
1) Analyze your mistakes. See what has been wrong and analyze the causes: Have you read the questions correctly? Have you studied enough? Have your methods been correct? Was I too nervous? Have you not planned the time of each question well? Identify your mistakes and take note to fix them next time.
2) Try to see objectively the consequences of the suspense. The world or the student career of anyone in a suspense is not over. Do not dramatize the situation, try to see what consequences that note has had and how you can trace it. Always think positive.
3) Do not allow your brain to flagellate you. Spending all day thinking about why he answered option B and not A or why he did not read that question twice is worthless. Once you have analyzed your mistakes and know the cause of the suspense look for solutions but do not get carried away by self-pity or self-flagellation.
4) Do not hide it. Explain in a mature way the reason for your failure. Surely their parents will be surprised if instead of telling them that the suspense is unfair or that the teacher has mania, he explains that he got nervous and did not understand a statement well, or that his approach when studying the subject was not the correct and must correct it. A mature and responsible analysis will make you see that you are on the right track.
5) No one makes an omelette without breaking an egg. Exactly, a suspense is part of the life of the student and is something that the vast majority spend sometime in his life. The only one who is not at risk of suspending an exam is one who does not have the privilege of being able to study. It is your particular “occupational risk”.